Friday, March 5, 2010

whole lotta vintage FQ's!

100_1882[1]First up is this ruffled felt wreath that I made. I saw the idea on One Pretty Thing, it was originally done in white but I thought it might be fun in green for St. Patty's day! I was thinking I would embellish it somehow, and had been wanting to add a toadstool or something but it just didn't look right, so decided to leave it plain. It's on the front door.

100_1886[1]Next is what I came up with for the toadstool! This is titled "Bunny painting" and I love it! So, basically I took a yellow bunny pick from Michaels and flocked it red. I don't know why I wanted a red bunny. Then, the toadstool is actually just a wooden drawer pull upside down and painted. Embellished with vintage buttons, covered a few buttons with a little bit of vintage hankie and voila!
100_1891[1]I received this swap package today, from Jennifer's fat quarter vintage sheet swap. I am LOVING the daisy pattern in the front.
100_1890[1]And this is the square that I am mailing out for the Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee. The square for this month was picked by Rachel, and I think it is a string quilt. I had just finished this square when the above swap package arrived! I realized as I was cutting strips that I have soooo much yellow and lime-y green! hmmmm.
100_1892[1]Okay, this will be quick, just two separate swaps that I'm sending out today. These are both on Swap-bot. This first one is a Bead Trade Off. We were to fill a 2x3 inch baggie full of beads from our stash and send it off. No plastic or wood beads. Hopefully I will get some fun and pretty beads in return!
100_1893[1] This is another vintage sheet FQ swap, 2 FQ in each bundle going to two different ladies. I received this one last night:100_1888[1]

2 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

your block came out super, havent made mine yet, yikes~!!!

rachel said...

hi colima,
i received your block in the mail today! it's very pretty, thank you :)