Sunday, September 28, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
If you have been tagged, here is what is requested:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a post on their blog.
Here are 7 facts about me:
1. I HATE mayonaise. Even if a sandwich has been cut by a knife that had a smidge of mayonaise on it I will not eat that part. Just knowing it might be there freaks me out. I don't know why and I don't even remember what mayonaise tastes like because it's been soooo long since I've actually had any.
2. I am often told that I am strange or have weird thoughts. But really, I think I am just vocal about what's going on in my head when others might not be. But I think other people have just as strange of thought or even stranger! Of course, no examples come to mind to share!
3. I have hypothyroidism and never remember to take my Synthroid (med for condition) until I get super tired and then think "Hmmm, I should probably take my meds!" Whoops.
4. I love the smell of Fall! To me that means burning leaves and chilly air and apples and cinnamon and pumpkins and turkey.
5. Ground beef freaks me out. I've actually had a panic attack thinking about either me or other ppl eating it. But I like steak!
6. Sometimes I just like to go to the movies by myself. Like dorky movies or kid movies. I started doing that in high school and just still do. And, now there's some movies that my hubby doesn't want to go to, so I'll still go see something if I want to.
7. I could sit and watch sea lions or elephant seals for HOURS! Or birds, just love to watch them!
So, I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but honestly I don't even know 7 other people in blog-world! So, I'm just going to tag Lisa and call it good!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I actually didn't take too many photos this year since I had been to the same retreat last year. The date on the photo is wrong, I forgot to reset it when I charged the battery on my camera - whoops!
Everything about this retreat was just special. There were a few mishaps - I for one will NOT be going in the van again anytime soon. The music was awesome! This year it was two ladies who are sisters, they were very hip and nice and loud. I absolutely cannot sing out loud unless I know that people can't hear my terrible singing voice. I can't even begin or come close to describing the "mountain top" experience I had with God, but just know it was AWESOME. And healing. Suffice it to say it is ongoing between me and Him and I love Him more and more because of it!!!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Okay, so the next picture is what I found at Goodwill on Sunday! I always peruse the linen area even though it's sorta scarce, but it wasn't on Sunday! There was a TON of fabric! I restrained myself very well and only picked out three pieces, each is at least 2 yards I'd say. The floral piece was only .99 cents! I had almost just bought some courduroy and so was very excited to spot the purple cord fabric! And, I love a nice plaid so grabbed the brown plaid also. I did include the brown/orange plaid that has not been made into the jumper that I had previously mentioned! Whoops!
The next item is a candle holder, and it was just so interesting and kinda pretty! No markings on it, but it was only .99 cents so what the hay! And, I just love the pillowcase with the embroidery and crocheted edge!!!! Love it. It was $1.99 which I'm not really sure is a good price. I guess it is though?
This last weekend I was sick and still have not quite recovered. I'm really really hoping I get better before Thursday so I'm better for my retreat! Yesterday I was home sick and right about this time taking a nap. And right now I'm barely keeping my eyes open, ready for a snooze! Isn't it funny how one day you take a nap and then the next day you're ready for a nap at the same time???
Thursday, September 11, 2008
1 package lasagna noodles - I like the no-boil kind
mozzarella cheese (grated)
zuccini cut in thin slices
bell pepper, onion, mushrooms (all optional)
olives for garnish
I always start with a noodle layer, then layer sauce, then zucchini and then cheese. If you want to add the other veggies I just add them on top of the zucchini. I'm pretty generous with the sauce, I think it helps cook the noodles more thoroughly. It usually makes 3 layers in a 9x5(?) pan. I top with a layer of cheese and then put some olives on top. I cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. My oven doesn't bake evenly so I bake things longer than normal. After an hour then I take the foil off so that the cheese can get a little browned and crispy.
I always use a cheese like jack or mozzerella because I don't like ricotta, but if you like ricotta it would be easy to add it in.
p.s., last night as I was making this I realized that I had NO olives!!! Bah! I was freaking out when I found waaaay in the back a can with 3 measly olives left in it! I still used them, hey I'm from California! and sliced them into a thin layer on the top. De-lish!
1. I am not sure what's going on with my current employment situation. The doctor I work wth announced the other day that she is moving. Then she started telling people she was just taking some time off. I don't even know what I'm going to do. I am seeking God to see what He wants me to do. So far no clear, unquestionable answers.
2. I'm knitting sweaters for my dolls. I found a pattern at woolleyrockers that looked like I could do it. I made a cute little white sweater for Marisol but actually it ended up looking better on Vanessa. Started another one for Marisol, I varied the neckline into a v-neck with wider 3/4 length sleeves out of some yummy fall-toned yarn that I had leftover. Will post pics when it's finished.
3. Going to sew a jumper this weekend that could possibly turn out hideously. I found some orange and brown plaid fabric at Joann's that for whatever reason I really love. I told the saleslady at the cutting counter that it's actually kind of ugly but I like it. This one sales girl always asks what project you're working on when you are at the check out or cutting table and you should have seen her face when I said that I was making a jumper out of this particular fabric! LOL! She was like make sure you come in after it's done! I told her that if it's not cute I won't wear it!
And now I shall share another recipe of which I made for dinner last night. It is veggie lasagna, but I'm sure that you could probably add meat if you prefer. I added bell pepper last night so possibly sausage would compliment it?
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
But, enough about that! What I was starting to write about yesterday was a much better topic. My face wash! I know, I know....not serious at all. So, I had started to tell you all about how I'm a Mary Kay consultant but not really a REAL one because I have no customers. I just order to get my product at 50% off. But the drawback to that is that I have to order $200 at a time to get the discount. With bills and whatnot I've been pushing that back and back. And in the meantime been running out of stuff. So I was in some store, probably Walmart and saw a girl with nice clear skin and she was buying Neutrogena face wash. And I thought "why couldn't I buy regular stuff like everyone else???". I've been using MaryKay for-ever so I wouldn't even know what to buy, where to start, etc...so I bought the neutrogena. And at first, my face liked it. But after awhile I was breaking out and my skin is actually really sensitive so it hurt. I decided to just suck it up and order from my friend Holly who is a real consultant. I am telling you my face just LOVES the MK!!!! I am back to normal. I may or may not go back to ordering myself (the discount is nice) since I really do use everything but for now it's nice just to go to Holly's and pick things off a shelf! BTW I found 3, count em 3! new wrinkles this morning. My hubbity assures me that I am still young, even though I think he may only be saying that because he is older! And Jan said you can't see them from 4 feet away - but that day is coming!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
This is what a beautiful clear day looks like from the back driveway! I was on my way down to lounge in the hammock. You can see the hills in the backround now, in the previous post the smoke was covering them and I like to pretend we live on the coast. So my hubbity bubbity went fishing at the real coast this weekend but before he left I asked him to set up the hammock for me. It was sooooooo cold though this weekend!!! Very windy (gale force winds LOL - inside joke) and like 60 degrees and below. I grew up in Chico where Labor Day was still H-O-T! I'll trade 60 degrees for 110+ any day though. So, there's the hammock and the view through the trees. Next time I'm going to take down a sleeping bag and that should be about perfect!
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I LOVE FALL!!!! I love the smell and the crisp air and the colors and decorating my house Fallish! So the tree on the table was a garage sale find, it had been painted gold. Now, I love gold, but it didn't quite fit for decorations to really stand out. So I spray painted it matte white. I usually put pumpkins in an arrangement on the table and string the fall leaves around those, but pumpkins are not in stores yet! I guess I'm a little early.....anyway so I put them in the tree on a whim and I kinda liked it :) I found the crow at the dollar store of all places! Hubby was so funny, he came in the house and was like I like the decorations. Then he goes, you know there's a crow on your tree you might want to shoo it away! And Truckie of course HAD to be in the middle of everything! He's so cute. Although it was getting annoying because he kept rubbing his face on the tree and almost knocking it over!
The cupcakes I actually made the weekend before last for Jan's ladies night. We usually get together every few months or so and play board games and laugh incessantly! It's a blast! Oh, and we also bring food - food and laughter just go together I think. They were lemon with cream cheese frosting and then I had picked some blackberries in the back yard and topped them with those. I had thought I burned the cupcakes because I put them in the oven and then started watching a show and whoops! 20 minutes longer than they should have been in the oven I remembered they were still in oven! Argh! Luckily in this case our oven doesn't bake evenly so the top was more done than the bottom. Last night I picked the berries in the colander down the driveway by the mail boxes. I took June (our black lab) with me and after like 15 minutes she decided she was done! and laid right down in the middle of the driveway! So silly. I put a handful of blackberries in my oatmeal this morning and it was de-lish!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I did put up my Fall decor this weekend, which was so FUN! I LOVE all the colors and scents and just the feel in the air! Perfect for a sweater but not enough for a jacket....I'm going to have to rethink where I put my stuffed pumpkins though. I had made an orange pumpkin out of felt and a yellow gourd and I had them on top of the heater which is not in use yet. But, Sammy felt that they would be the perfect chew toy!!! Luckily I noticed he had grabbed it before he did any damage. He really didn't understand why I didn't let him keep it! LOL, so I gave him a rawhide to replace it. So, I'm looking for a high up place to put them. I need to switch out my house flag today because I left up the American flag for Labor Day. I can't wait to get pumpkins!!!! (real ones)