Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bargains

Okay, so finally some pics! Here is Vanessa on the left in the white sweater I made that I decided to make a cardigan. Then, there is Marisol in the v-neck. This was actually the same pattern but I modified the neckline on Marisol's and added wider sleeves. I for sure used too thick of a yarn, if I make any more I will use a thinner yarn. They worked up quickly and I did enjoy making them :)
Okay, so the next picture is what I found at Goodwill on Sunday! I always peruse the linen area even though it's sorta scarce, but it wasn't on Sunday! There was a TON of fabric! I restrained myself very well and only picked out three pieces, each is at least 2 yards I'd say. The floral piece was only .99 cents! I had almost just bought some courduroy and so was very excited to spot the purple cord fabric! And, I love a nice plaid so grabbed the brown plaid also. I did include the brown/orange plaid that has not been made into the jumper that I had previously mentioned! Whoops!
The next item is a candle holder, and it was just so interesting and kinda pretty! No markings on it, but it was only .99 cents so what the hay! And, I just love the pillowcase with the embroidery and crocheted edge!!!! Love it. It was $1.99 which I'm not really sure is a good price. I guess it is though?
This last weekend I was sick and still have not quite recovered. I'm really really hoping I get better before Thursday so I'm better for my retreat! Yesterday I was home sick and right about this time taking a nap. And right now I'm barely keeping my eyes open, ready for a snooze! Isn't it funny how one day you take a nap and then the next day you're ready for a nap at the same time???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great deals! I haven't been thrifting in a while:)Sorry you are sick:(

roseylittlethings said...

I tagged you on my blog, check it out.