Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
have been saving them for something that I would like. They just make me happy :) So, in between laundry and other stuff I worked on these projects. I also made some sort of pinwheel paper things on a stick that did NOT turn out as cute as I wanted them to. I had a vision of these super cute pinwheels in a vase as a centerpiece, but they turned out sorta lame so I was disappointed - therefore no pics of them. I will refine the pattern, so maybe by this next weekend it will work out and I will have a cute patriotic centerpiece!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Spiritually, this is how I was feeling before last weekend. I am not a morning person so I have been neglecting my morning devotionals. I do go to a Tuesday night bible study and read my bible during the week and go to church but it just wasn't feeling right. I felt "icky". I would feel good after church and hopeful that this week would be better, I can turn my bad attitude around. But no, I couldn't.
I had been so excited to go see Beth Moore because I have done her studies and really like her style. She makes sense to me. But, when I got there I realized that I was really looking forward to hearing what God had to say to me through her! And boy, did He ever! I felt like the study was tailored just for me and my life situations! My heart grew so heavy as I realized exactly how I have been, and remembering past hurts. She said that by dwelling on past hurts you are really in a sense worshipping them instead of God. Whoa! That is the last thing I want to do! And that we need to discipline ourselves and get control of our minds! Also, God entrusted us with gifts and we need to use them to bring glory to His kingdom. It was so funny, at one point she was talking about being disciplined with our devotions in the morning (!) and that some of us use the excuse "I'm just not a morning person" and she was like, Get Real! That is totally me! My friend Kristin looked straight over at me when she said that. My mind is still spinning with all of the things that I learned. I'm not exactly sure what my gifts are yet (my husband says I have patience) and how I can use my past hurts constuctively. Maybe I can help someone else who has been in the same situation I have? I don't know, but what I DO know is that I can't do it on my own! The awesome thing is that God is there with me, to help me "flip my pillow" so to speak! This past week (except today) I have gotten up early and put on some worship music and prayed and read my bible. And I have felt that cool refreshment that can only come from the lord!
Okay, I know the picture is blurry - she moves a lot!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Okay, so I am having a less than stellar day so therefore I need to pull myself up out of this funk. My strategy for doing this is as follows: I am going to list things that make me happy. Attached are a few visual aids.
1. Daffodils and spring flowers. I have daffodil, tulip and iris bulbs in my flower beds in front of our house. The daffodils always come up first and then the tulips. The irises don't bloom here until summer. Yesterday my red tulips bloomed and one yellow one. It made me smile :)
2. Every morning when I get up to let June out to potty there are the most melodious birds chirping. I'm not sure if the pic above is one of the chirpers, but it is so super cute. I took this pic last Friday after work down by the pond. We get tons of birds out at our house.
3. The compote dishes I looked for-ever in town for. I have always loved the style for a candy dish. I had been searching all over town for the compote with the ruby flashing with no luck. During the search came across the blue one in an antique store on the drive home from Portland. I was SO excited when I saw it, my heart skipped a beat b/c I thought there was a chance a ruby/clear one would also be there. I finally ordered the ruby flashed one from ebay and when it came in the mail it was just so perfect :)
4. My cat Truckie! He gets his name b/c my husband at one time worked at an auto dealership and the sales guys were shooting this cat with water to get it out of the wheel well of a truck because they were jerks. My husband immediately rescued him and brought him home. He is mostly an outdoor cat but also loves to snuggle :) This pic was also taken last Friday night, I was taking pics of the bird when I heard Truckie meowing.
5. This last one is a little random, I'll admit. But, it is my favorite kitchen tool! Well, one of a few. I bought it from pampered chef - one the large end is a melon baller and the other end is a little claw scooper. I have used the claw scooper side to take off the stems of strawberries. It also works well for tomato stems. I love to just rinse the strawberries, take off the stems and then put them back in the plastic box they came in to just eat easily :)
So, that is my top 5 for today :) And I do feel a little bit better, so my goal has been achieved! Hooray for happy thoughts!