Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Projects from the weekend








So, I'm working on these stars. I'm not sure if I am going to make a swag with a few of them in a row with solid colors in between, or if I am going to just do a bunch all the same. Then I was thinking of a wreath, or some sort of hanging arrangement. I cut the star shape for the pattern with my cricut and then just used the pattern with the fabric. I had bought the fabric before I knew for sure what I'd be doing because I knew that with the long weekend I would have time to work on some sewing! I spent most of my sewing time on this apron. This is my first apron to make, I think it turned out allright. I love the fabric and the retro-ish pattern. I found the rosettes at a thrift stores and I absolutely love them! I
have been saving them for something that I would like. They just make me happy :) So, in between laundry and other stuff I worked on these projects. I also made some sort of pinwheel paper things on a stick that did NOT turn out as cute as I wanted them to. I had a vision of these super cute pinwheels in a vase as a centerpiece, but they turned out sorta lame so I was disappointed - therefore no pics of them. I will refine the pattern, so maybe by this next weekend it will work out and I will have a cute patriotic centerpiece!

Oh, I finally got a real American flag for our flag pole on the porch! Hooray! It really made my husband happy because he was in the Army and didn't really appreciate my "frou frou" patriotic-inspired flag. He likes the real thing the best :) so now we're both happy!

No comments: