Thursday, May 1, 2008

Concert details




So the Superchick concert was totally awesome! I loved it! We had great seats, right above the stage so a great view. My husband also enjoyed it, which was a bonus! He is a musician, plays drums mainly and also guitar, mandolin, piano, bass and sings. He plays by ear which is just amazing to me! So, he was especially dialed into the musicians. He really liked their energy and sound. We were not supposed to be taking pictures, but I didn't have my flash on so I figured I was okay so snap some pics. Except for the last pic I forgot to turn the flash off, but they were not singing or anything but I still felt like a dork! Whoops! The openers were good as well, a real variety of music. The first opener was a band that the drummer from Superchick had started (I don't remember the name) and they were good. They only did a couple of songs but they sounded good. The next was Britt Nicole - she had great energy and a good voice. It was super cute b/c there was a girl in the front row who was clearly a huge fan and she was having a dream come true moment! Then was KJ52, he was a rapper and was good. Then was Disciple - they were high energy and lots of distortion, very loud. But, also good. Finally Superchick and I just loved every minute, sang along with the lyrics. They also tested out a couple new songs off of their upcoming album and they were rad. I can't wait for the new album!

No comments: