Thursday, May 8, 2008

Talking myself down from a bad mood :)







Okay, so I am having a less than stellar day so therefore I need to pull myself up out of this funk. My strategy for doing this is as follows: I am going to list things that make me happy. Attached are a few visual aids.

1. Daffodils and spring flowers. I have daffodil, tulip and iris bulbs in my flower beds in front of our house. The daffodils always come up first and then the tulips. The irises don't bloom here until summer. Yesterday my red tulips bloomed and one yellow one. It made me smile :)

2. Every morning when I get up to let June out to potty there are the most melodious birds chirping. I'm not sure if the pic above is one of the chirpers, but it is so super cute. I took this pic last Friday after work down by the pond. We get tons of birds out at our house.

3. The compote dishes I looked for-ever in town for. I have always loved the style for a candy dish. I had been searching all over town for the compote with the ruby flashing with no luck. During the search came across the blue one in an antique store on the drive home from Portland. I was SO excited when I saw it, my heart skipped a beat b/c I thought there was a chance a ruby/clear one would also be there. I finally ordered the ruby flashed one from ebay and when it came in the mail it was just so perfect :)

4. My cat Truckie! He gets his name b/c my husband at one time worked at an auto dealership and the sales guys were shooting this cat with water to get it out of the wheel well of a truck because they were jerks. My husband immediately rescued him and brought him home. He is mostly an outdoor cat but also loves to snuggle :) This pic was also taken last Friday night, I was taking pics of the bird when I heard Truckie meowing.

5. This last one is a little random, I'll admit. But, it is my favorite kitchen tool! Well, one of a few. I bought it from pampered chef - one the large end is a melon baller and the other end is a little claw scooper. I have used the claw scooper side to take off the stems of strawberries. It also works well for tomato stems. I love to just rinse the strawberries, take off the stems and then put them back in the plastic box they came in to just eat easily :)

So, that is my top 5 for today :) And I do feel a little bit better, so my goal has been achieved! Hooray for happy thoughts!

1 comment:

About Nancy said...

Truckie is a doll and what a slick shiny coat. Thank you for sharing what makes you happy and reminding us that happiness is a decision. I'm glad you made the choice to turn things around.

In Him,
Nancy