Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weekend update


This is what a beautiful clear day looks like from the back driveway! I was on my way down to lounge in the hammock. You can see the hills in the backround now, in the previous post the smoke was covering them and I like to pretend we live on the coast. So my hubbity bubbity went fishing at the real coast this weekend but before he left I asked him to set up the hammock for me. It was sooooooo cold though this weekend!!! Very windy (gale force winds LOL - inside joke) and like 60 degrees and below. I grew up in Chico where Labor Day was still H-O-T! I'll trade 60 degrees for 110+ any day though. So, there's the hammock and the view through the trees. Next time I'm going to take down a sleeping bag and that should be about perfect!





































Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I LOVE FALL!!!! I love the smell and the crisp air and the colors and decorating my house Fallish! So the tree on the table was a garage sale find, it had been painted gold. Now, I love gold, but it didn't quite fit for decorations to really stand out. So I spray painted it matte white. I usually put pumpkins in an arrangement on the table and string the fall leaves around those, but pumpkins are not in stores yet! I guess I'm a little early.....anyway so I put them in the tree on a whim and I kinda liked it :) I found the crow at the dollar store of all places! Hubby was so funny, he came in the house and was like I like the decorations. Then he goes, you know there's a crow on your tree you might want to shoo it away! And Truckie of course HAD to be in the middle of everything! He's so cute. Although it was getting annoying because he kept rubbing his face on the tree and almost knocking it over!

































The cupcakes I actually made the weekend before last for Jan's ladies night. We usually get together every few months or so and play board games and laugh incessantly! It's a blast! Oh, and we also bring food - food and laughter just go together I think. They were lemon with cream cheese frosting and then I had picked some blackberries in the back yard and topped them with those. I had thought I burned the cupcakes because I put them in the oven and then started watching a show and whoops! 20 minutes longer than they should have been in the oven I remembered they were still in oven! Argh! Luckily in this case our oven doesn't bake evenly so the top was more done than the bottom. Last night I picked the berries in the colander down the driveway by the mail boxes. I took June (our black lab) with me and after like 15 minutes she decided she was done! and laid right down in the middle of the driveway! So silly. I put a handful of blackberries in my oatmeal this morning and it was de-lish!

1 comment:

basil812 said...

Hey Colima! I love reading your blog - it is so fun! I love fall also & I love that you have already decorated! How fun! About my nose - it did hurt to get it pierced, more than I thought, but it was over with quickly!