Sunday, March 21, 2010

Farewell to Almonds

Awwww, so sad about this: I have to give up almonds. For real. I have really random allergies and I am developing a big one to almonds. It used to be that sometimes I could get away with it and have a handful every once in awhile and be okay. Nope, not anymore. Last night I had a reaction, and no benedryl to be found in the house!!!! I was getting itchier and itchier and chest getting a little tight. Luckily Safeway is not too far away and not closed yet. It was like 10pm or so. I was wheezing walking down the aisle to get the benedryl. Thank God the benedryl stopped the reaction in time. I was starting to getting a teensy bit panicky that I would have to go to the hospital. And feel stupid because I know I am allergic and yet ate them anyways just because I love them so. Moral of the story: don't do something you know is bad for you just because it might taste delicious.
Other than that, not much new here. Yesterday Jan and I and her daughter trolled around town. At first her daughter couldn't quite decide what theme to pick for her birthday party coming up - so I piped up "How about Alice in Wonderland??" Whoops! Hee, heee. Now Jan is sort of freaking out about how to decorate. Fortunately she is really good at that kind of thing so I know she'll do great! We went to the Goodwill "As Is" store and found some tea cups, saucers and an old tea pot, a silver tray - all for $2. Did I mention that the "As Is" store is grody? Seriously it is so gross in there and stinky - but there are gems to be found if you can hold your breath for a little bit. There's weirdos in there too. There was a guy who kept commenting on how nice my green shirt was and then wanted to discuss exactly what shade of green I thought it was......I found a new table to look at! But the tea cups were worth it! Her inlaws happen to have a croquet set - sorry Jen I know you were looking for one last week!!!! I'm going to investigate making some large, possibly felt, toadstools for her. There were also a ton of ideas on One Pretty Thing.

2 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

I ended up finding two:) Kids barely used them HA! My fav thing we did was gluing gogly eyes on the center of faux flowers from the dollar store, also found paper lanterns at the dollar store! I will have pics up soon!

Megan said...

That's just crazy about the almonds! Make sure you get an epi-pen to carry around with you. I have the same kind of allergy only to walnuts and pecans instead. I can't even touch a walnut anymore! Be careful - the symptoms got worse for me as time went on.