Tuesday, March 9, 2010

June-sy collar

June got a new collar this weekend. I had seen the idea here for a recycled dog collar and wanted to try it. But, then I also still really like all of her current collars. As you can imagine, I do switch them out seasonally. So, I looked at the snap things at Joanns, but let's face it, I'm cheap. I didn't want to spend like $4 on the snap thing. I was in the Dollar Store anyways getting roses for the Alice in Wonderland wreath I was making and went down the pet aisle and saw this super ugly collar and thought - aha! I'll use that! So, I basically did the same thing as the recycled collar only I didn't have any interfacing so I used a thicker fabric strip in the middle of the fabric I used which is my favorite fabric right now. And so, here is Miss June modeling her new collar. She was so excited when I measured her neck and then also when I switched out the collars! Sam was jealous that he didn't have a spiffy new collar, but really he can't have one because he is bad. He has to have a super strong buckle type collar because he wiggles out of others or bites through them and my worst fear is that I will somehow lose him. I was thinking that I might make him cute neckchief though :)After all the attention, June was exhausted and had to take an afternoon nap!

No comments: