Wednesday, February 2, 2011

behind my back

Okay, so I thought I'd share what goes on behind my back in the craft house while I sew.  Here's Rocky annihilating a skein of yarn.  I was actually going to throw this yarn out because I bought it at a rummage sale in and it turned out to be really stinky so I was going to toss it.  Rocky got to it first, and I figured it keeps him occupied and out of the things I would be really angry about him killing. 
 I love this picture, you can see in the backround bits of bag and the wrapper the yarn had and also the path of his destruction.  But, boy he just loves getting that yarn!
 And, then there's my mellow Jo-Jo (Joey).  This is his portrait pose :)
And, this is what I was working on:

Single ringIt's been killing me that I haven't been able to really conquer the double wedding ring pattern with all those curved pieces!  I initially made this for myself for a Valentines's decoration but once I finished it I really felt that it needed to be a gift to someone.  I will send it off this weekend probably and hopefully she will like it.  I can't give any details yet, not that I think she even reads my blog, but you never know.  I really like the way it turned out and I am going to make a duplicate for myself.  There are tons of vintage fabrics in there, courtesy of my Mom :)  I wish I could put little notes on each one to point them out.  One is a feed sack (still had the stitching!), there's prints from the 40's and 50's.  Also there are two prints that were a shirt my Mom used to wear when I was a kid and I have a sleeve of that shirt.  Just special little prints and they meshed so prettily!

No comments: