Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!  Personally, I don't get too excited about it.  I never really have actually.  But, I've found that kind of makes the day that much better when someone goes out of their way to do something nice for me!  Kind of like a bonus when I wasn't expecting anything.  When I expect too much I am often disappointed.  I'm happy to report that yesterday was v. nice!  The hubs called midday just to say he loved me, awww ♥.  A ton of our patients wished me a happy valentines day all day long!  Then, I stopped home before bible study to pick up my workbook and there was a package from my Mom (more on that one later).  She was told that it was meant to get here on Saturday, but I think it was a happy coincidence that it arrived yesterday!  Then, at bible study my bf Jan gave me a cute little glittery holder thing (sorry I can't think of a proper description!) and inside there were swankie hankies with hearts all over for my purse, and candy.mmm.  All in all, v, v, nice!
Okay - so the package........... all I can say is SWOON!  We've already established that my Mom has a fabulous fabric stash and that she loves to give me fabulous fabric from said stash.  So, I know that whatever I receive will be fun.  Sometimes we might have a clash of tastes, but not often.  That didn't happen in this package, for sure.  I don't have pics, but let me tell you - a great mix of modern and vintage.  And batiks.  And precut squares.  I so want to make something with them, but on the other hand I have no idea what yet!  Eeek, I just know it will fun :)

So, since it's the 15th it's scripture memory time.  Here's my verse:

John 10:10 NIV
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

For me, this verse has significance in so many areas in my life!  Joyce Meyers said it best: the devil gives bad things and God gives good things.  So easy broken down like that, huh?

No comments: