Sunday, February 27, 2011

new quilt and musings

This weekend has been surprisingly productive! I thought for sure I was just going to be a slug all weekend, especially since Friday I slept in till 10:30 without even trying. But, then I did get up and over the course of the last two days this is what I've done:
vintage sheet bar quilt
I know I mentioned previously that I was thinking of another quilt where I would randomly pick from a stack of vintage sheets. Well, let's face it, I'm pretty much only random when I'm talking! LOL! I sort of made it random but I can't handle if like row 1 has the same color in the same spot as row 2. So, in that regard I had to make sure they didn't match up. Otherwise though I just tried to make sure each row had a good mix of each color in it, but not in a certain order! Whew! That was rough for me.....seriously.
Here's the side view:
vintage sheet bar quilt
I'm thinking about bordering the whole thing in a solid? I'm working from my stash, though so we'll see what really ends up - like if I have enough of any certain color to make a whole border? I am going to back it with another vintage sheet, not sure what size I'll end up using that will determine which print I use. I have like 4 or 5 sheets that I've kept whole specifically for that purpose, as a backing.
Yesterday I made a roast in the crock pot, and while I was cutting up the veggies I was starting to get sad about June because she used to sit and wait for me to cut the ends off carrots and she'd eat them. But, Joey was sitting there watching me so I thought, hmmmm let's see if Joey likes carrots? And he does! Rocky had to get in on it too, but he didn't really like them he just toted them into the living room and came back for more to keep Joey from getting all of them! Goofy boys.
I took some shredded zucchini out of the freezer and I think I'll make some zucchini bread this afternoon while I work on sewing the rows of the quilt together. I hope I don't burn it!
This morning I went church, I hadn't been in probably a month. I was working on my bible study homework and realized that while, yes, I am learning about Paul and his life I am not really absorbing it and applying it to me. I realized I was doing my homework to get it done for bible study so I don't have to say I didn't do my homework to anyone, which is really not the right reason at all. I fought the idea of going to church, I thought I don't really need to go, it doesn't really matter. But, I felt that familiar nudge that I really did need to go. and durn, I'm glad I did! It was a good message and one that really hit me straight in the heart! We're in Mark 3:7-19 where Jesus picks apostles. And Pastor Russ said that God loves us just as we are, not if we were better or different or anything. It reminded me of in Bridget Jones' diary when Mark Darcy tell Bridget that he likes her, just as she is - and she is stunned, and so are her friends. That is exactly how I felt hearing that sentence from Russ, stunned. I always think (as I'm sure lots of ppl do) that things will be better when.....I'm thinner, I make more money, my skin clears up, it's summertime, when I buckle down and really study the bible, not just play around. the list could go on and on. But God loves me and wants me just as I am. It was exactly what I needed to hear. And then we had communion which I always love to do, it was awesome.
So anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble on like I tend to do.

No comments: