Wednesday, February 23, 2011

heartbreak

I have hesitated writing this post, I'll admit.  My sweet angel dog June passed away Sunday night a little before 8:30 pm.  She was the best dog in the world, and made my life better for the past 10 years.  I don't know if I've ever shared here how we came to have June.  When hubs was in the Army he came across a group of dogs that had obviously been abandoned in the desert and had packed together.  In this group was a mama dog with a few puppies.  He took a couple of the puppies home with him.  When I came home from work there were two potbellied puppies on the couch.  Their little bellies were distended from eating real food and water instead of grass and whatever they could find in the desert.  We named them June and Spike and they were such a handful!  Originally we were going to keep both but they were such turds together that it was not a good idea.  So, we found a home for Spike and kept June.  She was a turkey for the first 6 months of her life, she ate every single navy shoe I had!  But, she was really smart and observant and when she was around other dogs she picked up the good behavior they had and modeled after them.  We would often tease her if she was bad that we were going to take her back to the desert if she didn't behave.  Not that she could understand......
modeling
She was our girl and we loved her so very much.  Our hearts are broken, and I still just can't believe she's gone.  I knew it was going to happen, she had been sick for quite awhile and it had been getting progressively worse.  I'd like to believe she is in heaven now with Samuel and a giant pile of meaty bones and squeaky toys.
June

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

I'm sooooo sorry!Sweet ole girl, lived a long and happy life!