Friday, February 18, 2011

beautifulness

Yeah, that's probably not a real word, but describes the following fabric perfectly!
So, finally took pics of the box of fabric my Mom sent me. Here's the first peek:
100_2582[1]
100_2583[1]
And a couple of my faves:
100_2584[1]
100_2585[1]
100_2586[1]
So much fabulous fabric and so far no real ideas on what I want to do.....I mean I have a couple ideas but mostly I know that these are all going to mesh so well with what I have! Love.
Okay, I'm not sure if I mentioned that I FINALLY ordered the darning foot for my sewing machine. I had gone into the quilt store like a year ago and asked the lady there to order me one and no response. I called a couple times, no response. I wasn't really sure what type of Singer I have, and since I bought it at Walmart they don't have it anymore or anything similar. Hmphf. Fast forward at least 9 or 10 months. I was looking for something in my manual and noticed that next to the parts there were numbers - ding, ding, ding! A quick googles search later et voila! There it was! But me being as cheap frugal as I am I didn't order it. Lucky for me last week or so I checked amazon again and there was an offer with free shipping! Yessss! So, it arrived Tuesday and I gave it a go.
This is super duper cringe-worthy but maybe it will make someone else feel better about themselves after first trying stippling? grin
first stab at stippling
It's pretty rough, yes. I didn't take a pic of my 12 inch square, but it turned out much, much better and I am in the process right this minute of stippling a table runner. I've kind of gotten the movement and twirlyness worked out. The only problem now is the tension on my upper thread. I don't know what's going on. It's looking like it does when the tension is too high but I put it on zero and same thing. Then put it on like 5-6 and same thing. Eh. I'll keep working on it, you know I will :) I can't wait to finish this runner because it's dang cute! It's a pattern I found in a quilting mag and it might just be my new favorite!

1 comment:

Judee said...

You will have fun with that darning foot. Keep at it. That fabric is wonderful. I know what I would do with those big flowers!