Saturday, January 17, 2015

getting ready to stitch along

It's kind of late-ish (11:20pm) and I'm having trouble winding down.  So, I'm sitting here at the computer looking at blogs, ravelry, pinterest....the usual suspects.  I thought for a second I could start my new cross stitch project, but feel like maybe it's too much brain power for right now.  But, I could take a picture and post about it.  So, I am going to do my first ever year long stitch along.  I bought the pattern Story Time Sampler from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  It is a pattern that has a portion sent once a month every month for a year.  I thought that would be a good pace for me, just a little bit at a time so I don't get overwhelmed.

 I just got the fabric for it today in the mail, really fast delivery!  I bought the embroidery thread colors and frame last weekend.  Today I thought it would be fun to make a bag just for this project.  The frame just barely fits in the bag to pull the drawstring but I think it will still work okay.  There is plenty of room for thread, notions and the pattern.  I used fabric I had left from a charm pack (5" squares) I bought a few years ago called A Walk in the Woods.  I really just love the little toadstools!

Hot chocolate, sleeping puppies.....hoping I will be able to join them!

No comments: