Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fall socks


Yesterday was the day to take in fair entries to the Tulelake Fair.  I had been planning to take my neon socks as my entry.  Buuuuuut I was so close to finishing the second sock on these Fall socks that I thought I could finish it in time......and after knitting like a mad woman all day I realized it just wasn't going to happen!  I had 3 rows left and the bind off and ends to weave in at 4:05 pm and Tulelake is about a 40 minute drive from my house.   And entries were due by 5pm.  So, I went with my original plan and entered my neon socks.  I should have gotten some sock forms for them or made some but - eh.


I'm really happy with how these socks turned out!  The striping matches up so well.  The one sock looks taller in the picture but I think I just tugged that one a bit more getting it on.

So, today is a bit cooler and feeling like Fall is right around the corner.  I have a minestrone soup in the crock pot.  One of the ladies at work has a prolific garden and brought in fresh green beans, zucchini, yellow squash and armenian cucumbers.  So, in the soup I have fresh beans and zucchini!  Yum.

No comments: