Friday, April 1, 2011

cheery Friday

Are you ready for this?  It's 69 degrees y'all!!!!! Ya-hoo!  It's practically 70 degrees out today and sunny and beautiful!  I'm lovin it. 
crocusesToday has been pretty productive so far.  I had my teeth cleaned at the dentist and made a cover for my bible.  And the exciting thing today was that I had 3 packages of fabric fabulousness on my porch!  3!  So, a big THANK YOU to my Mom!  Needless to say, I've got some new favorites in there and a ton of ideas!  I think I might need a hammock quilt ;)
3 boxes worth of fabric!

I was inspired by my friend Kristin to finally make a cover for my bible.  This week bible study was at her house and I was being nosy noticed that she was working on something crafty on her dining room table, and it happened to be super cute bible covers.  I've been meaning to make a cover for my bible for ages, so this morning I set to it.  I picked out some of my favorite fabrics right now and pieced them together, did a little curlique quilting et voila!  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, I might try and figure out a zipper enclosed thing next time?  Eh.
bible cover front
bible cover back
So I've started a new quilt. Which is what one of the boxes of fabric contained - fabric to work into that quilt.  I also resumed work on a quilt that I started prolly 8-9 years ago before I really knew anything about quilting.  I had bought some panel fabric and was just going to do solid squares around them, but didn't really ever start.  So it's been packed away for alllll this time.  I saw in a magazine where they had taken panel fabric and did some fun piecing around each panel and I thought - bingo! I'll do that with my panels!  Here's a sneak peek:
sneak peek
I have 4 panels of deer that I've added the bear claw piecing to so far.  In the backround you can see the other quilt top that really is practically done.  I just really loved that middle fabric and had just added solid squares all around.  That, also, was folded up in a tub for 8-9 years waiting for me to figure out what in the world to do with.  I'm just going to leave that one and add a couple more rows of squares and quilt it.
And, finally, since it is the first of the month - here is my scripture memory verse:
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent men you save me.
2 Samuel 22:3

No comments: