Friday, April 8, 2011

a little break from seam ripping....

I'm so glad that I soaked up the warmth from last weekend, because holy cow! It snowed twice this week...and while the snow is partly melted it's still super cold! You can never tell what the weather will do here! So, I've been quilting!
almost done quilt top
This is what I have so far.  A lady at work asked me to make a quilt for her mom who likes burgundy, beige, brown and florals.  Other than that she said she would like squares in the pattern.  I'm really hoping she'll like what my Mom and I have come up with!  Mom sent me a ton of fabric to use for this quilt and it meshed really well with what I already had.  It looks wonky in this picture because I started sewing the rows together and whoops!  they weren't lining up so I seam ripped them all apart and decided to take a break.  Sometimes I just get a little too anxious.
In other news, I'm kind of excited/nervous about something.  So, you know how we have bible study every Monday night and it's the same group of ladies that we've been meeting together for about 2 years or so.  Well, one lady is going to be out of state for a couple months and one is coaching her daughter's volleyball team.  I was kind of worried that everyone would say we should take a break until everyone can meet together again.  I mean, not that breaks aren't good sometimes, but let's face it: I need all the God I can get!  So last week something cool came up - a new bible study starting at church on Monday nights at the exact time that we already were meeting at.  Coolio, huh?  I think it will be a good "break", a new venue and subject matter.  I think we're all dedicated to our little group so I don't think it will implode during this little detour.
So, nothing else new except I can't wait for actual Spring to arrive!  Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: