Saturday, April 23, 2011

little project relief

Since I finished my "big" project I thought it would be fun to do a nice small project - instant gratification!  So, a gal I work with, Vikkie, received a Kindle last weekend for her anniversary present.  Of course, I asked if she'd like a pouch for it.  She said she'd like fairies, butterflies, or dragonflies.  I took in each of the fabrics falling into that catagory from my stash and she liked all of them!  The wheels started creaking in my head and this is what I came up with:
kindle pouch for Vikkie (front)
Back view:
kindle pouch back
I'll take it in on Monday for her, hopefully she'll like it!  I've been wanting to try out zig zags for awhile now.  I'm wondering if there is a way to cut down on the bulk in the intersection seams??  eh.  Anyhow, I like the way it turned out.  The little half square triangles turned out so teeny tiny that unfortunately only the really small prints are distinguishable.  Today, I am washing up fabric to start my hammock quilt.  I'm thinking: sunny, bright, and maybe pinwheels? 
SO I have a little confession.  I haven't been to church in well over a month.  I've just been so sleepy and wanting to make sure that I got Irma's quilt done.....but also a little bit avoiding people.  eeeek.  You might as well know that I am not much of a small talker.  Therefore, if there's a situation where I might need to awkwardly try and talk to people I avoid.  This past week I have felt a little convicted about avoiding church because of that.....therefore I'm going to make myself go tomorrow.  And what better day than Easter Sunday, right?  I might show up a teensy bit late since I also don't sing out loud.....LOL!
Hmmm, what else?  I also finished up a book - finally!  Geez.  So, Jan's daughter said if I liked the Percy Jackson series (which I did) then I'd like the Artemis Fowl series.  Yes, I am taking book advice from a 10 year old.  Anywhoo I borrowed the book from the library and just couldn't quite get into it.  I think I figured out this morning it could be because Artemis is the "bad" guy with very few moments of regret or conscience.  But, I did finish it and I'm glad!  Mostly a good storyline.  I'm relieved to have finished so I can start the book I've really been wanting to read but wouldn't let myself until I finished the first one I started: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.  I like his writing style, very easy to read.  He's the author who wrote the Percy Jackson series and from the first few pages I think I'll like it.  I haven't read the ending yet, but I'm sure I will :)

No comments: