Friday, April 15, 2011

flipside

So, here is what I'm doing with the back side of the quilt.  Sorry the picture is sort of dark.  I didn't have *quite* enough of any one certain fabric, and let's face it - I'm cheap!  So I thought why not make it work with what I have?  And this is the result.  I'm pretty happy with it so far.  The top fabric I have had since we lived in Tennessee which means I've had it over 11 years!  I made a skirt out of it and had like 2.5 yards left and have had it in my stash just waiting for the right project.
(You can click on the pictures to make them bigger and see more detail)

So today I dropped into my fav thrift, the Hospice thrift store.  I snagged the wreath for .75 cents!  I've been digging the yarn wrapped wreaths lately and this goes for at least $2.99 at the regular store!  Bonus.  And, then I couldn't leave the pink fabric behind!  It's got cute little blue kittens!!!  It is actually really thin fabric so I'm not too sure what I'll actuall do with it but for .75 cents it was coming home with me :)

No comments: