Tuesday, April 12, 2011

wonkiness = nervousness

Okay so I must admit that I am extraordinarily late in making my last block for the Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee!!!! I could give you a bunch of excuses (that would be really good, too) of why I am late, but the bottom line is I am late. I think mostly that the wonkiness of the square made me very nervous - and also (and I know this is lame so I apologize ahead of time) I was having trouble picking my color! Good news is that I finished it up last night! February (eek, so late!) Janice from Sew Girly asked for blocks from a specific tutorial, and asked us to pick a couple of colors to stick to. She is having a baby girl and is going to make our blocks into a quilt for her new baby. Naturally, I wanted to go with pink....and at first I didn't think I had enough variety in the pink department. I think I did okay though! Here's my finished square:
February bee block
Also, I would like to wish my Mom a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  In case you haven't picked up on it, my Mom is super supportive and my #1 fan.  I grew up thinking that's just how moms are, right?  Apparently not - I got lucky!  So, this is a thank you and a happy birthday!  I think you're pretty fab, too!

2 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

Amazing! What a great block...and just adore the vintage!

roseylittlethings said...

OOOOO, i love it! I am even farther behind on my 3 bees, like by months!!!! helpppp