Monday, December 13, 2010

weekend finishes

christmas pickledish
So, here is the finished pickledish, from the quilt-a-long pattern from Comforstitching. I must say, very user friendly, easy to follow, way better than the wedding ring quilt square - erm, circle. Yesterday was my friend Jan's birthday and this was what I gave her. She decorates her house for each season and her theme for Christmas is "Who-ville" inspired.
Back view:
back side of Christmas pickledish
I was a little on the fence about the printed binding but I like the way it turned out!
Okay, so remember how I was going to make myself finish the squares for November and December??? Done and done. The November block was very tricky for me, my shoulders were soooo tense! But, it is finished. The whites don't match perfectly but frankly I can't figure out how to make them match.....so, this is what turned out.
November bee block
After the stress of that block I really couldn't even make myself do another Saturday. I made a "tomte" instead :) I just drew out basically how I thought it should look, added seam allowances and went to work. Really not work at all though because it made me so happy to make him! And then I knitted him his little scarf. Here he is sitting on my little entryway table. Love.
TOMTE!
Yesterday I got down to real business and made December's square. Actually not hard, very easy. She asked for color in the middle with white edges. Quilting as you go is a little time consuming and overall I'm not sure how it works, but I hope she likes it :)
December QAYG square
BTW, isn't this the cutest picture ever of June Balloon????  She is always pretty much right next to me while I sew and I had to sneak this picture of her!
100_2444[1]

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

nice job, everything is super cute. Not looking forward to either block! i still have october to do too! yikes