Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday ramblings

Okay, so you know how there's a million zillion tutorials on taking a shirt, skirt or whatever and you trace around it and allegedly it turns out brilliantly???  I haven't been too keen on those because mine doesn't ever turn out very well.  BUT, today I thought I'd take one of my fleece pullovers and trace around it and just see.  The front and back are on a fold - easy peasy.  The sleeves were easy enough to trace around and then I just added hems and ribbon around the neckline!  Sorry, no picts.  You'll just have to take my word for it that it turned out well.  In fact, I'm wearing it right now.  The other best part is that it only used like a yard and half of fleece!  Bonus!

So, since it is my birthday and I kind of count this as my new year instead of January 1st, I thought I'd share some of my resolutions. 

1.  Continue with the weight loss.  I got a little side tracked about August but thankfully have just stayed steady, no losing any more.  I think I might even consult the trainer at the gym since I think it is part of my membership fee about what kind of weight training I should add.  This week I had a sort of epiphany of sorts.  Sometimes it's hard to get out of work in time to make it to spin class, so I just didn't do anything.  Ding dong!  I realized I should at least go and do something, it's better than nothing.  Not the most brilliant epiphany, I'll admit :)

2.  Finish the quilt with all the squares I've received from the quilting bee.  I was sort of waiting for one more person who hasn't sent me her square, but you know what???  I think she's not sending it so I'm just moving on.  And, if she ever does send it, I'll just make it into a matching pillow.

3.  Maybe, maybe, maybe make stuff to participate in a craft fair/bazaar next year.  That's a BIG maybe. 

4.  Pray every day.  Several times.  And try not to get distracted by lists I start in my head, or what I will do when I get to work, or whatever else starts to distract me.

5.  Be better about keeping in touch with people.  I get so caught up with the day to day, and trust me I'm not even a very busy person - it just slips my mind.  Then, I rationalize that it's too late to call, or I have nothing to say so what's the point?  Really I just need to DO it because it's not about me.

That's it for now, what about you???  What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: