Tuesday, October 26, 2010

snow already

This morning I woke up and looked outside and this is what I saw: SNOW! Ummm, yuck. Not ready for snow.
Boo to snow.  But, I suppose it sort of matched my mood the last couple days, cold and discouraged.  I've been a little stressed about something work related and it's got me down a little bit. 
But, I guess I'll just have to get over it a little bit because it's supposed to stick around for a bit. 
I'm a little hesitant to share the next item with you.  Because I brought her into work and it was a little of a mixed reception.  But, I think she's kind of silly, a little Coraline-ish.
halloween doll]

Her name is Drucilla.  I made her Sunday night.  Mmmkay.  Let me explain.  I was browsing etsy and saw this doll.  And thought: I could make that and I should!  I tucked that in the back of my mind along with the million other projects I think I should make.  So Sunday I had finished the runner, the weather was ewwey and I didn't want to really work on anything serious.  and, let's face it - I love dolls!  I remembered the zombie doll from etsy and set about gathering supplies.  I have been making dolls since I was a little girl, and the thing I love about making them I finally realized this weekend.  As I make a doll, even just getting the fabric together, I start to think of their story, their personality, name, and usually a story comes along with it.  When I used to make the little dolls as a girl, let's say if it was boy doll.  I would think he might play baseball and what color eyes he'd have and who in my other dolls I'd made would be his friends and maybe he'd have a crush on a girl doll.  And on and on in my head it would go.  Sunday was one of those moments when I had to make a doll, no other craft would do.  I'm embarrassed that her shirt is made out of felt, but my other orange fabric I just could not figure out a pattern to fit her and I got lazy.  Plus this is just her halloween shirt.  I've decided that she will have other outfits.  I'm thinking I must make her a boyfriend, equally as eccentric.  I have a feeling they like rock concerts.

No comments: