Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Runners

Okay, so the bottom line this weekend is that stippling and I are not going to be friends for awhile.  Like a loooong while.  We just weren't seeing eye to eye, which is actually my fault since I still haven't bought the darning needle.  But, at least I can admit when I'm wrong ;)  I sure did try even with my regular foot since I finally found the part that covers the feed dogs.  But, I had to really pull the material and I don't think that's how it's supposed to go.  Anyways, on to the reveal! 
I'm on my way (after this post!) to deliver this to Savannah.  She had tried her hand at quilting and didn't totally love the outcome.  So, she gave me the fabric that she had bought to try it out.  So, I used some of the fabric she gave me, and some from my stash to make her this table runner:
Table runner for Savannah
I really like the way it turned out!  I really just made the pattern up as I went along.  So, then I thought I need a table runner!  And I really liked all the fabrics I used for hers except I pretty much used up all the light colored fabric in the pinwheels.  So, I went by the tutorial for the disappearing 9 patch on  p.s I quilt.  I used the same fabric as her backing and binding on the binding for mine, because I love it!
table runner
100_2345[1]

No comments: