Friday, July 30, 2010

July Bee blocks


July Bee blocks
Originally uploaded by colimachia
I finally tackled the wonky stars for July's blocks for the Vintage Sheet Bee. Usually what happens when I don't know how to do a certain square I will print out the tutorial and follow along as I'm sewing. I forgot to print out the tut so I had to wing it. I did a trial run with some of my own fabric first, it went well. Then onto the real thing. Everything was all good except one square got out of hand. I'm sure you can guess which one. Middle far right. Ummmm, sorry? I hope Bethany doesn't have to barf when she sees it. The pictures really make the backround look blueish but she sent us all gray fabric to use for the solid backround. The small one is teeny tiny but it was fun to put it together! Each little square started out as 2" square.

This morning I also finished up another kindle cover for a friend but won't put up a pic until I give it to her :)

No comments: