Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nail polish makes me happy

Okay, so what's new this week? Well, yesterday a drama bomb went off and it was completely unneccessary. No details needed as I think the smoke has cleared and it wasn't directly involving me anyways.....The best news is that I got a manicure today and it's beautiful! The doctors I work for treated our entire office to a Spa day! I am soooo not a massage type person so I was a little nervous about what I would do there, but since it was at a salon I chose to get a haircut and manicure - perfect! The color I chose is just gorgeous.

I've also been making some hexagons. I have to say it's quite addictive! Awhile ago I picked up a scrap bag at the thrift for like $1, and nestled in the bag were two ziploc baggies of paper hexagons. They are all cut out of old paper bags. I can imagine an older very thrift lady being very practical by using paper bags to cut out the shapes. They have pin holes so I know they've been used. And are being used again by me :) So, I have one project started out of vintage sheets, I've been fussy cutting fleurs. The other project I started today after the spa, which is going to be one of these hexagon pouches that I saw made on Comfort Stitching. It is in preparation for a trip I have coming up and I want to be able to take the hexagons along to work on them. I have been so inpired by all the projects I've seen made with the hexies, like this, and this. I'll let you know what happens :)

No comments: