Friday, April 2, 2010

lining it out

I'm taking a little break to regroup. So, as mentioned in my last post I did dig out the quilt to put the layers together and maybe get it sort of done. And I was also pondering whether or not to add a border or something. All of my progress halted when I remembered that I had sewn together the quilt top very very sloppily and had a bunch of seams that didn't match up. At first I was like, hmmmm, okay I'll just deal. And I think that's when I put it away all those months ago......and maybe, just maybe in the back of my mind knew that I just wasn't ready yet to do what I did today : I tore the thing apart!

Oh yeah. I did. I couldn't handle it, all the little seams not matching up and not just by a little bit, some of them by a lot! So, I took my seam ripper and went to it. So, I'm recutting the squares because I had cut them out before I had my rotary cutter and little line up tool thing. I know I will be much happier when things line up better :)

This is almost, sort of, like the color issue I have. Did I ever mention it? I like to line things up according to colors of the rainbow. My closet is separated by colors and in order of the rainbow. The pins on my pincushion. The folders on my desk at work. When I eat skittles, m&m's, jelly beans, I sort them by color and eat them in rainbow order. You can ask Kristin, who had a drawer full of Orbit gum in all different flavors and therefore all different colored packages. It was driving me crazy so I asked her if I could rearrange a little. I had to do it. And she was such a good sport about it.

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

my closet is organized by color, though not in rainbow order! you wil be happier about the quilt in the long run.. sucks though!