Friday, April 16, 2010

B square trial run

I did a test square out of some scrap fabrics to test out a pinwheel square for the vintage sheet quilting bee. It is sooo not perfect and I'm pretty much intimidated to send it. I've seen everyone else's squares so far and they are all perfect. The corners line up perfectly and frankly I just am not sure I'm going to be able to cut the mustard. I hope everyone doesn't receive my squares and think they are retarded. I'm sorry, I know that's not a PC term but I still love to say it. Sorry. But still, it's a fun word.
100_2003[1]
so, there it is. I am going to work on the real thing this weekend so I can get it out in the mail. I hope she doesn't just throw it in the trash.
100_2002[1]
On a happier note, I received a swap package in the mail yesterday and it was all super fun stuff! It was on Swap-bot, a swap called "Pick 5, Newbies Welcome". There was a list of all kinds of things we could send out and we needed to pick 5 things off the list and mail it out. My package came from Sarah, in England. I really enjoyed everything in the package. The cards are really nice, the ones with purple are fuzzy.
I sent my package out today but I won't post the pic until she gets it even though I'm pretty sure she won't be checking my blog. But, just in case I don't want to ruin the surprise.
So, BTW I am planning a baby shower for my friend Kristin, who is due in July. I'm hoping to have it towards the end of June, so I'm starting to think about how I want to do the invites and stuff. She's not finding out the sex of the baby so I need to go with a neutral theme, I was thinking Curious George since that is what she'll be decorating the baby's room in. I was also thinking cupcakes might be fun?

No comments: