Friday, April 23, 2010

friday fleurs


I feel like it might be a good idea to start something new with flowers! So, to start this post off I'll share the flowers that were given to me that I mentioned in the previous post. Aren't the preeeety? Okay, now that that's over with let's get on with the new part.....

100_2024[1]
After careful consideration I've decided that stipling may not be my forte. A few things have contributed to this decision. One fairly obvious fact is that I do not have a quilting or stipling foot for my sewing machine, nor do I have a quilting machine! LOL But I thought, I'm going to try anyway! On something small, which is a durn good thing since I'm not that great at it. I don't even think that practice would help in this matter. It's a little herky-jerky but I still like the end product because I like the fabric and colors. And I will use it anyway....so not a total loss. I've also come to the conclusion that I need to slow down a little and pay more attention when I am sewing triangles, because even though I said several times this week that I never want to do another triangle again, I do however like the way they look. Hmmpf.
In other, more exciting news - I've finished my first ever quilt. No pics yet b/c I want to wash it first and get all the little strings clipped and whatnot. I'm going to warn you now that it's really simple looking and there are lots of mistakes. But, frankly I got to the point of "I don't care anymore". So, I'll try not to point them out and we'll just not mention the mistakes anymore, k? Here's a sneak peak of one of my favorite buttons:
100_2022[1]
I quilted with the easiest possible technique, stitch-in-the-ditch, and then added buttons to the middle of each square. I've always wanted to do that, add buttons. I'm glad it's done :) and the sun is fully out so I'm anticipating a lovely weekend - how about you???

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

You need to use a darning foot for free motion! it makes all the difference, you did great with out it!