Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swap Q&A

Below you will see a list of get to know you questions. Please cut and paste these and use them on your blog so you and your partner can get to know each other better. Feel free to add photos if you have them.
1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration?



My favorite decorations are my lighted houses. I love to put out batting to look like snow on top of the piano and put out the light-up houses. I like to turn them on when I get home from work and leave them on until bedtime. My favorite ornament (I love them all!) is my blown glass pickle. I found it in Tennessee when we lived there and I have cherished it.


2. What colors/themes do you decorate for Christmas?



I think I am more traditional in colors and themes. I do have a few ballerinas and fairies that I sneak onto the tree. I like to put pine boughs all over and wreaths and lots of candles in red and green.


3. What Christmas item would you love to have?



I would love a Lemax lighted house, but alas they are sorta spendy! I love nativity scenes that are not cheesy - you know when the faces are not painted very well. I like Jim Shore figurines also. I like handmade things - like ornaments, advent calendars, or silly santas, stuffed snowmen or moose. Or a pretty bracelet or necklace or brooch???


4. Favorite goodie & hot drink?



I love spice cookies! I love to make them around the holidays, kind of gingerbready cookies. I'm not much for fudge or shortbread. Love pepperminty things. I am just dying for the peppermint coffee to come around!!!! I also love spiced cider. YUM



5. Are you a crafter? If so what crafts do you do?



Oh man am I ever! I love to scrapbook, make cards, knit, and sew.

6. What is your favorite pink item in your home?

My very very favorite is actually not even up anywhere....it's a postcard that I've been waiting to frame of the "Rose Fairy" by Cecily Mary Barker. Those are the type of fairies (the flower fairies) that I ADORE and have since I was a toddler! I also love the fuschia hat that I knitted myself last winter, it's very soft and fuzzy.


7. What do you collect?



I collect candle holders with nubs on the bottom. They look so pretty in a candle stick. I am looking for orange ones. I have also been collecting Holly Hobby, vintage beads, fabric, yummy yarn. Vintage embroidered pillow cases, kings crown ruby flashed thumbprint glassware, or any pretty variation of the kings crown thumbprint glassware.


8. Do you have special family traditions for the holidays?



We used to....but not the last few years. We used to pick names at Thanksgiving when we would go to hubby's Maternal side of the family. That was always fun. Growing up my Grandma always mailed my brother and I an advent calendar that was super glittery and we'd take turns opening each day.

No comments: