Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So I finished the dress I mentioned in the earlier post. The thing is, when sewing, sometimes what I picture in my mind is NOT what ends up in the finished product. That is precisely what happened with this dress. I'll tell you what I had pictured: a beautiful brownish/plumish dress that would look super trendy and tres fabulous on me possibly with boots and a wide belt. What happened was more like a moo-moo. As in I look like a cow in it, mu mu. So, trying to stay positive I put on the wide belt and it kinda looks halfway decent. I ask hubby and he halfheartedly says it looks good. He's being nice. I take off the belt and say, how about now? Immediately he says, it looks like a mu mu. Harumpf. Not sure if I am brave enough to sport the dress out in public - but I might wear it tomorrow to work because I KNOW Jan will let me know how it looks. I can't let go of the dream I guess :)
In other news, I have an interview this afternoon at 3. I had a good feeling about it, so I'm hoping it will pan out. If not, I know that God has a plan for me so I'm staying focused on that and trying not to worry.

No comments: