Thursday, October 16, 2008

A little teary

How do I hate hormones, let me count the ways....I am so teary today and I can't even stand it. I am so sad and melancholy but also so excited I can barely stand it. How does all of this exist in my body together??? So, one of my favorite patients came in today to get her records and that was it, I just started crying. After she left of course. But all these patients have relied and trusted the doctor I have worked with and now she's leaving. And they are scared and angry and understanding and need care. The nearest doctor of the same specialty is now 70 miles away over a mountain pass that is terrible during winter and some of these patients don't or can't drive. It breaks my heart to hear over and over again "what do I do now?" I pray that the Lord will send a new doctor quickly and that in the meantime these patients will get the care they need so urgently. I know that He is faithful.
What I am so excited about I can barely stand it is the scrapbooking retreat this weekend! I am in need of some chick time if you know what I mean! My BFF Jan will be there, we have only had lunch twice this week.....bah! after working side by side for the past 5 years we're having a little bit of withdrawals. And a lot of other fun ladies who are so creative and inspiring. And all scrapbooking all day and all night if we want. We just set up tomorrow afternoon and leave everything out and scrap in our pj's if we want to. It's at a campground with cabins and we will be in the big main hall. There are cooks all weekend that make all the meals for us and clean up, so it's a little bit spoiling! I hope I get LOTS done!

2 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

Sorry:( have so much fun scrapping! I so need to do that, I have all the stuff to make Grahams book and have not even started it! EEK, he is going to be two in JAN!

basil812 said...

Hi Colima! I am so jealous! Scrapbooking all weekend sounds so fun! Have a good time!