Monday, October 6, 2008

Goodwill Goodies

The hunt is over! Last week, Thursday I went into Goodwill and what did I see??? My first fabulous find I didn't get a picture - but - it is one of those resin geese that you can dress up and either put on your porch or wherever. My friend Jan has been wanting one for-ever, and I kinda wanted one too. So, I snatched it up and put it on her desk Friday morning! She was so excited! Love it.

When I go into a thrift store or whatnot I like to kind of gaze the horizon of shelves to see if something immediately catches my eye. So, first was the goose, the second was the scale that I had been so diligently looking for!!!!! Ya-hoo! Now, all my bead type necklaces are not clogging up my jewelry box any longer! So excited! I know I looked kinda goofy walking around carrying a goose and a scale but oh well.
In other news, I am no longer without a vacuum cleaner!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you - depression is not having a vacuum and having 4 large dogs. I would sweep every single day and in 5 minutes there would be tons of hair again. Argh! But, I threw a teensy little fit on Saturday and voila! Hubby got a vacuum. And all is well again :)
I did make a purple corduroy skirt Saturday, you can see a sliver of it in the pic. I did take an actual picture of the whole thing, but it turned out looking like a giant purple blob. Coincidentally, I found the fabric at Goodwill a couple weeks ago! Gotta love it. I started a dress last night, I think it is going to turn out cute! I should finish it tonight after I vacuum again :)

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

Love the scale!! Lucky you!!