Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nothing special

Peppermint coffee is finally here! Oh man, I wait all year for this! And there is was in the Wallyworld coffee bean section....I think I may stock up this year!!!!!
Tomorrow is my first day at my new job. I will be working at a medical clinic here in town. I feel like I've lost a friend leaving the hospital. I really liked working with the hospital, and proud. I think that I am following what God wants me to do, so we'll see what's in store! Hopefully it will be awesome. One thing that might be cool is that some days are a later start than what I had before so I can get some housework done before work when I have more energy.
I re-started by steering wheel cover that I had started to knit. And the reason is that I was trying a pattern stitch out of a book and I think I just didn't get it. There were a certain number of stitches and so I figured it would work, but once I started it it seemed like maybe I needed to be doing something really wide -which I'm not. Like one row would end with 10 stitches and then the pattern row would have like 13. I'm thinking I just didn't do it right. So, I'm just going to stick with what I know which is just stockinette. It will look nice because the yarn is a variegated cotton, and it will work up faster!
Oh man! I almost totally forgot! I went to see High School Musical 3 last night with Jan and Mya (her 7 year old daughter we let tag along with us LOL) and I loved it! I am a ginormous dork when it comes to juvenile films - I think I'm still stuck in junior high in that regard! There were a couple of teeny little spots that I think were a little annoying just due to editing. One was a dance scene in a junk yard - the guys got there in the afternoon but suddenly once they started dancing it was black night out. What is that? But, loved, loved the dancing and singing! I think Sharpay is my favorite just because of her shameless craving the spotlight! And frankly I think she's one of the best dancers and singers. Her brother cracks me up too, but I'm wondering if he might be the ambiguous token gay character? I mean he wears hot pink pants and dances in a chorus line with chicks....that's all I'm saying. I thought the dancing scene with the prom theme was hilarious with the guys like dreading prom and the girls saying they've been waiting forever for it!

No comments: