Monday, July 28, 2008

Sad, sad, sad

I forgot about something tragic that happened this weekend! I had a little collection of sweet plates on the wall in the dining room. Two little floral-y pink ones and one with sorta sage-y green around the edge that really set the other two off. Wouldn't you know that I bumped the green one off the wall and broke it!!!! Wah! I never had noticed before that it was a limoges plate from France, with the marking of S&G San Francisco. I have had that plate probably since I was in high school since before I cared about things like that! Oh! such a horrible thing - I will never be able to replace it! Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do with the broken pieces??? I saved them thinking MAYBE I could glue it back together -but it would just look too tacky! I have put a temporary replacement plate up, it's yellow and got all kinds of Oregon landmarks on it. Just not the same...........
On a lighter note - now I'm on the hunt for a proper replacement!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I'm a blog swap partner and I have your blog!
My mom used to save broken plates and things to make a table or something with. I guess you glue the pieces into something, maybe some kind of cement???? and it makes a pretty table top.

Henry said...

Did you see that etsy shop that makes pendants from the broken pieces? very cute.i've seen mosaic table tops and garden foot stones. i'd love to see a photo of the plate patter. it'd give me more ideas.