Monday, July 28, 2008

Taco Soup

I feel that I should share my favorite recipe of late! This recipe is from Jan, she shared it with me and now I'm sharing with you!
Taco Soup
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, cut in smallish pieces
1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
1 larger size can tomato sauce
1 can corn, undrained
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 package taco seasoning mix (I like Taco Bell brand, if I don't have that specific brand then I add more ground cumin and some chili powder to give some more oomph)

In frying pan put a teensy bit of oil, add chicken and onion. While the chicken is cooking on medium heat put all other ingredients into a pot and turn on medium-high heat. Cook the chicken just until it is no longer pink in the middle and then add chicken and onions to the pot with the other ingredients. Heat through. Grate some cheese to put on top of each serving in the bowl. You might also like to add avacado or sour cream. Sour cream is not for me, but hubby said it was good.
This makes two large servings with extra for lunches. You can easily increase the recipe! Or, Jan uses ground beef. Personally I have a distaste for ground beef so I use chicken. You could also buy the pre-cooked chicken to make it faster.

2 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

I do a similar recipe, but add a packet of ranch mix and a can of white beans, pinto beans,black beans and rotelle. It is yummy~

Tracee said...

I think I will try this this weekend - will be adding your blog to my blogroll. Mine is very new and with moving it might take me a little bit to get it up and running but hope to be there soon. Take care!