Thursday, July 3, 2008

Long weekend plans

Okay, so first things first! Fourth of July weekend I must get some things done, and they are:
1. Make tote bags. This is a fun little project that is also going to be a surprise for my bible study group. I found some fabulous fabric on super sale at Joann's last night and so I'm thinking they will be cute. Although, sometimes what I think is cute other ppl don't so we'll see! I tend to like bright and pink. I'll post a pic when done.
2. Knit! I started a cute blue baby blanket for my husband's cousin and have not gotten it done yet. I just heard that she could have the baby any day now even though he's not due until August. The thing is, it's hard to just sit still!
3. Sew some more. I have a scrub pant pattern that I bought some nice yellow fabric for and it has been sitting in my sewing room taunting me. I bought it to go with my black Steelers scrub top and since the colors are black and yellow I thought it would go nicely.
4. Read (possibly in the hammock). I have been reading the Left Behind series now for like 2 years. Seriously I need to finish it already! I am on book 9 out of 12 so I'm almost there!
5. Scrapbook!!!!! And make cards. I seriously have not cropped anything since like April at the retreat! I'm getting behind and I just can't stand that! Plus, I'd love to make some all-purpose cards to have on hand to send to friends and family and whatnot.

I am now looking at my list wondering if I will have time to do everything? On a completely off the subject note, I have realized that I really want a Ronco rotisserie! I have a rotisserie but it's one of those old-school open roasters. It does a good job, and frankly there's nothing really wrong with it. BUT the Ronco one is enclosed and can roast a turkey and chickens and stuff. Now, I just have to convince the hubbity bubbity!

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

I'm glad someone else's craft to do list is as long as mine:) Have a happy 4th, we are going to the local parade and then out neighborhood pool has games and contests and we actually get to do our own fireworks, in Napa it was illegal!