Thursday, July 24, 2008

In my head - a top ten of sorts!

I was down to visit my Mom this past weekend and she is such a creative powerhouse! We looked through her quite impressive and beautiful vintage fabric. She has it divided by actual vintage and reproduction - love it! She had two actual flour sacks that were such a nice pattern and still assembled as a flour sack with a dusting of flour on them! So fun! But, now I am getting to feel a little overwhelmed and like my head is going to *explode!* because I have so many ideas floating around in my head and no time! Weekends are only so long and after work I am either too tired or have to make dinner, clean, laundry, etc. Maybe it would help to list some things I'd like to do??

1. Mom gave me some lovely tea towels that are just plain right now that I'd love to embroider on. I bought some "Aunt Martha's" iron on patterns that are so super cute and have the days of the week and lots of other cute designs.
2. Also in the vein of embroidery - found some vintage pillow cases that are embroidered on the edges but need to be laundered so need to do that. I'd also like to add to the the embellishment in some way (?).
3. Make tote bags. Mom sort of commissioned my sewing help in one of HER projects. But the fabric looks fun and girly so will be good. Only problem is I haven't really lined bags before, I usually do an enclosed seam and she wants them lined.
4. I would like to make a new bible cover either embroidered or cross-stitched.
5. I have some quilted fabric that I'd like to make a pretty table runner out of that would make it nice and easy to put hot things on the table without ten million hot pads underneath. I'm thinking it will have scalloped edges and seam enclosed with bias tape. I might also cross stitch a design on it. (Can you tell I have an itch to stitch?)
6. Stuffed turkeys! Mom was very generous with fabric this last weekend and I picked out some fun brown-ey fabrics for turkeys.
7. I also found the cutest set of clear rubber stamps in different whimsical birds and owls with funny sayings. I'm thinking these will be perfect for my all-purpose cards that I never got to at my long weekend.
8. I'm looking for a fun yellow/black/white big flower printed fabric to make a fun flowy dress out of. I have absolutely NO fun summer dresses!!!!!!!!! What happened with me? It just doesn't make any sense that I have no fun dresses OR skirts!
9. Oh! This one is sort of silly. BUT, that said - I want to knit a steering wheel cover for my car. I bought a pretty cotton that is variegated pink, white, and tannish and I'm thinking I can just make like a thing rectangle and sew elastic around the edges to make it hold onto the steering wheel. I feel like the cottong would be nice to hold onto while driving.
10. Well, I can't just have a list of nine things so I need to add a tenth! I wasn't going to put these because I had already put them on my previous list of things I wanted to do - BUT! I still need to make those darn yellow scrub pants! And some doll clothes, and put a button on this pair of lined camo pants I made for my husband like three years ago and allllll they need to be finished is a stupid button - but for whatever reason I hate doing button holes! Maybe I should move that to #1?

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

wow, so great that your mom gave you fabric! sounds like you have a lot of fun projects lined up, can't wait to see how they turn out! I sm doing a blog swap so pop over and sign up!