Monday, November 24, 2014

weekend finishes

I know I sound like a broken record but this was a loooooong hard week!  I worked this Saturday morning so it felt extra long.  We're still shorthanded so work feels like it's swallowing me up.  But.  I know this is temporary, this stressful overwhelming time.  So this weekend I felt like I needed to really get some stuff done that I've been wanting to and make the most of my time.  Saturday Jan and I did our nails and then it snowed!  
 I found a new show that I've been watching.  I hadn't heard of it before - it's Call the Midwife.  It's a BBC show (surprise, surprise!) and has sucked me in!  So, the library had season 2 and I borrowed it and have been watching and knitting.  I finished up the hat that I was working on.
It turned out really well I think.  Here it is on a jar so it looks super long.  I just love the little texture pattern.  The top picture is the decreases on the crown which I think looks kind of fun.  And then me, modeling it.....first thing in the morning bahaha.


Sunday being my "real" day off this week I just relaxed in the morning, then decided I neeeeeeeeded to be sewing!  I had bought some new Christmas fabric last weekend and I dove right in and made up these holiday zipper bags.  The gnome one is not out of the fabric that I bought but I felt it was sort of holidayish?  idk but I do know that I love it!  

I also played around with zipper pulls.  I've seen other people doing little jingle bells and I would never have thought of that on my own but thought it would be perfect!  One of the podcasts that I watch, A Homespun House, who is Molly, likes to put cute brooches on her project bags.  Another thing I wouldn't have thought but decided to give it a go.  In my beading stuff I actually found a little baggie full of odd and ends that I'm sure I picked up at a thrift store or yard sale or something similar.  Anyways, there was a cute little Christmas mouse holding a little bell! Perfect.


I think this one is my favorite.  And I think I can use it after Christmas as my winter knitting project bag.  I just love the little houses.  I like to imagine what each house's story is.  Like, does that tall house have a big family living in it?  Is their Christmas morning crazy, do they wait up for Santa?  And that smaller house next door I feel likes to bake.  Their Christmas morning is filled with the smell of baking and hot chocolate. :) Does anyone else do that?
So, I feel like I got a good amount of stitching done and that makes me happy.  I'm going to let a couple of friends pick a bag if they'd like one, I have enough of all the fabrics to make more.  And, I think I'm going to make a couple more and set them aside.  I'm going to start of box of items to maybe do a craft fair next year.



No comments: