Sunday, June 22, 2014

striped bunny finish! finally

And here we are at Sunday....lazy Sunday :)
This would be George lounging on the chair arm with her arm hanging like a jungle cat in a tree.  Love her!  She's got such an attitude!  Pardon George. 

Today I finally, finally finished the striped bunny that I've been working on for ages!  Good lord this took forever!  Not because it was hard to knit or even very big, but mostly total lack of motivation!  But!  It is done.  I had written down my notes from the ballerina bunny that I improvised the body on and then took it one step further and made the head in the round also.  I'm pretty happy with the way this little guy turned out.  I had been shooting for gender neutral but now that it's done I feel it's distinctly male - yes?  eh.

The only gripe I have with the finished product is the color changes on the right arm.  In the photo above it would be the left side of the photo.  I don't think it's super, super obvious but I see it.  Also, a small thing is that the rotation of the body is just off a bit.  Without seeing it in person it's hard to tell what I mean.  Um, it's like the body wants to rotate a bit, like turn.  I think that must have been from the placement of my needles and the way the decreases went along the top/neckline?  idk.  It's minor.  I'm really glad I tried out the head on double points.   love the look of no seams.

Okay, so I know I said I was going to cut back on looking at things/watching things.  BUT!  I came across a new to me video podcast that I lurve!  It's called Bakery Bears.  Seriously. Love.  It's a husband and wife who both knit and they are British - say no more, right?  I mean, you all know about my serious crush on the UK.  Everything just seems cooler over there and it's not just the accent.  I mean that helps, obviously but really, they're just witty and funny and they knit so it's awesome.  Check it.

I may or may not do some sewing today.  I have over-extended myself a bit and so therefore don't want to do anything!  Uggg.  I may force myself to work on one thing.....plus bonus incentive is that I got Hunger Games on CD and it's out in the craft house!


No comments: