Tuesday, May 18, 2010

secret dorkiness

Oh, all right so it's no secret that I'm pretty much a dork. I don't mind so much, though, because frankly if you can't laugh at yourself then what fun is life, right? So, I saw this idea on my new favorite blog Lovely Little Handmades. But, for the life of me I couldn't imagine a forest creature in my head to draw to do an embroidered square. What kept popping into my head was my sweet June Bug. So, I looked at a picture of her for the basic outline and then sort of cartooned her face - don't know how else to put it. And voila - this pillowcase was born.
Junie pillow
Ummm, a word about matching blues/turquoises - maybe get in some real light not like dim or fluorescent. I'm just saying. When I put all my blues together I thought a couple of these were more turquoise-y but I really do love all the fabrics so I decided to be okay with it. I had to add the lady bug fabric because we've always called June "junebug". Anyways, it totally doesn't match the decor in my house but I just couldn't help myself.
BTW can I please tell you how durn cute my pups have been lately??? So cute. Sam has been super affectionate - like just wants me to pet his head a ton and wants to snuggle. Which - ahem - for a 100+ pound dog that can be a little bit much. June has been all about being outside. Yesterday I came home and they were in the back yard and it had just started to rain and she was sitting smack dab in the middle of the grass, and every time I open the door she runs outside. Usually she is the couch dog. We've always said that if there is any small piece of soft June will find it and lay on it.

No comments: