Saturday, December 5, 2009

Catch up

So, here are a couple of pics from Thanksgiving. I made this little turkey pin to add some festivity to my outfit! LOL, no one noticed but it made me smile :) And here's a pic of the cranberry sauce I made from scratch. I found a recipe in a magazine at my Mom's house and she had given me this carnival glass dish so I thought *perfect*! The recipes was super easy, and smelled divine while it was cooking!!! I'll find the recipe and add it in later.





And then there's Sam - realizing that I am getting ready to leave the house and not too pleased about it! He cracks me up!


So, yesterday I stopped into the hospice thrift, one of my favorites, and I found a ton of great linens! So the top two sheets were $2 each and the pillowcases were .50 cents each. There are two crinoline lady pillowcases! I love those. The sheet with the bolder flowers was $1. It's sort of hard to find sheets around here for less than $2 so I think I did pretty well. I've almost got enough variety to start a quilt. So, that will be good. Speaking of sheets I just sent out two more packages for another sheet fat quarter swap from Swap-bot. I didn't get pics to share. I hope they like their packages, and I can't wait to get mine!




Let's see, what else? Oh, I went to see New Moon - not sure that I mentioned that? And I liked it. I actually liked it better than the first one. I've just finished the third book in the series. I also had to read the ending of the last one because that's just what I do. I had to know what was going to happen. I will still read it though. I also read another book last night, it was an easy read called "The Book of Jane" I don't remember the author - it was two ladies. The premise is that they took the book of Job from the bible and sort of adapted it to a modern day lady living in New York. It was a fine book, just not completely engrossing.








1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

fun finds, love the lady pillowcases:) I am going to do another FQ vinage sheet swap in jAN:)