Saturday, October 10, 2009

halloween-y


Aha! I found another ugly pumpkin to re-do!!! For .75 cents I thought it'd be worth it ;) I'm thinking that this started out as papier mache, it doesn't feel like foam. I think I will glitter it tonight! Since there are nice big sections I'm thinking I'll alternate black/orange.


So, I've had this foam cone shape hanging out in my box just waiting for the perfect project. (sorry the table is such a mess!) So, I wanted to do one of these candy corn topiaries and I think it turned out cute :) I realized just now after linking it up that the original was made with posterboard - whoops! I guess it's the idea that counts, right?
Joann's had the cutest ever pompom edging so I had to get it! I used fabric that I just wrapped around then I pretty much just hot glued everything b/c I didn't want stitching to show. The only part that I did sew is on the bottom where you can't see, but I didn't want the raw foam hanging out so I just traced around the circle and added probably 1/4 inch, cut out another circle and sewed around. I cut a slit in the circle and turned it inside out, then glued the slit side down to the bottom of the cone.

Finished product!
And, here it is in the house, June of course snoozing on the couch.


And, here's the other thing I worked on earlier, had to change out the seasonal frame. I hadn't really gotten to try out my new Cricut Hello Kitty cartridge, so this was the perfect project! I have to admit that it was rather time consuming to cut out each little piece and glue it down. And, I didn't have a long enough piece of the orange to cut out "happy halloween" so I grabbed another of what I thought was the same color and now I'm noticing that the "n" is a shade off!!! BAH! Well, you get the idea :)







No comments: