Sunday, August 31, 2008

New search

Like last week or the week before, Jan and I trolled the sales. One of the veeerrry last ones we went to was labeled a yard sale but also said vintage sale. Our ears definitely perked! It turned out that this lady had cleared out her living room and put a bunch of vintage stuff that she had found all over and was re-selling it. There were a few cool items, but I guess after you come from other sales where everything is like $1 or less it seemed a little spendy. I did buy a cute little ceramic bird (for $4) that is brown with a gold glaze overtop. My Mom has one and so I had to have one as well, although I'm pretty sure hers is a green. Nevertheless - I did discover something that I am going to have to keep an eye out for, even though I've never actually seen one in circulation. Remember those old decorative scales??? I think one of my friends grandmothers had fake fruit on each side. Anyway, the lady had taken off the scale part and so it was the center beam which had a pretty glass accent and thent he crossbeam and she had necklaces hanging on it! I'm sure I'm not describing this correctly, but it was very cool looking. And functional. Now I just have to find one!
I did actually ask if I could buy hers but she wasn't selling. She knew she had a good thing. Maybe I will check ebay?

No comments: