Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seeking God's truth

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; you works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you."
Psalm139: 13-18
This morning in my devotion I was writing out the lies that I have believed about myself so that I can then figure out what God's truth is. I was getting overwhelmed and upset with each thing that I identified. Each thought brought on another and another and so on. I had to stop otherwise I'd still be in my living room just crying. As Beth Moore says, "in a heap on the floor." I reached for my bible and opened it, the first scripture I saw was actually Proverbs 16:3, which was exactly what I needed to hear - "Commit to the LORD whatever you do and your plans will succeed." My plan (among many plans) is to find out what God's truth is - then I flipped again and in pink I had the above scripture highlighted. Oh!!! How that spoke to my heart! He created me, wonderfully and fearfully! He sees me just how I am and was in the past and loves me fully anyway. I may not always love myself, but the God of the universe does. I will be in search of more truth, but for now, that is enough just to know. There is also a song by David Crowder Band that says "you make everything glorious! - so what does that make me?" Just looking around at all the abundant beauty that God has made makes my heart squish!

No comments: