Wednesday, August 6, 2008

yummy stuff

Okay, so I am super duper excited about possibly making dried fruit! I have had a food dehydrator for a year and have not done anything with it yet. BUT, that's about to change! (hopefully) This past weekend I was walking the dogs up the hill behind our house and noticed an orange ball on the ground. I picked it up to discover it was an apricot! Lo and behold we have two apricot trees FULL of orange apricots! Yahooo! They are still hard as rocks, but I am going to keep watch on them and as soon as I can I'm going to pick them and put my dehydrator to good use! We also have two apple trees that have some teeny green apples on them. I hope every year that they will get big enough to use in a pie or something fun like that, but they never do. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the year! Wouldn't that we fabulous???!!!??? I've also got my eye on our blackberry bushes that have bloomed and have green berries on them. Oh, I just can't wait to make a tart or pie or pretty much some yummy baked good!

No comments: