Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cranberry Orange Sauce

As promised, here is the recipe that I had mentioned before. Please note that this is not my original recipe, I did find it in a magazine at my Moms house, but unfortunately do not remember the title of the magazine.

Cranberry Orange Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 Tbs honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup pure orange juice
1 package of cranberries

Combine sugar, honey, water and juice in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add cranberries and spices, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Makes 2 1/4 cups.

What I changed in the directions was this - I started to squish the cranberries after they had simmered for 10 minutes so that they would absorb the sweetness from the sauce. I also then simmered for an additional 10 minutes to ensure a good mixture.

No comments: