Sunday, April 5, 2015

it's only a bit of rain


Another almost sleepless night.  I had a king sized bed in the room but somehow Rocky had me all the way to the edge.  And so many thoughts.  I did get a bit more sleep than the night before so that was good.  I woke up hearing water sounds on the road.  The weather actually did what was forecast!  Rain and blustery.

That didn't stop me, though.  Trinidad is like an hour away from where I was staying so I thought maybe it wouldn't be raining there.  I stopped at Starbuck's and ordered a butterbeer latte from their secret menu that one of the barristas knew how to make.  It was soooooo good.  You need to try it.  If they don't know what it is I've linked the recipe.  Because it's seriously delish.
On Hwy 101 there is this house.  In my head I call it the Fairy Tale House.  Sometimes it's Hansel and Gretel who live in it, sometimes Snow White.  All I know for sure is that it emerges from the forest like a dream in it's own little meadow.  And I love it.


It was still pouring rain in Trinidad.  So, I drove around the teensy town, thinking I could wait it out.  Because I'm so patient.  

Except I'm not patient.  But I do have a raincoat.  And Rocky loves the beach so I went for it.  I'm so glad I did.  We had the beach to ourselves.  Which was perfect, because the tears that were stuck yesterday came down with the rain.  And I yelled out at Scott how much I love him and miss him.  It didn't feel good exactly, but it needed to come out.  And then I quickly looked around to make sure we were truly alone.  

 We had a bit of sun and I was hopeful it would stay....I started thinking, see! all I needed to do was wait that rain out.  Then, Rocky and I got soaked while I was pre-occupied looking for agates.  And then these dark clouds started coming in.  It started to pour again and Rocky gave me this look like I'm over it.
And now I'm home.  I really hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: